Image Map

Birds of Paradise
























A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to my aunt's house for a ladies brunch to celebrate her birthday. My aunt has phenomenal taste in everything. She designed jungle-themed centrepieces and flower decorations and put together a mouth-watering menu. She asked me to bring my camera along to take some snaps as so many special family events go unphotographed -- and she's absolutely right! Aren't the tables just gorgeous?

I definitely need to make more of an effort to take photos of everyday life. Don't you?

A few of my favourite things
_________________________________________________________________

Movies & TV: The hubs and I go through TV shows like dirty underwear. We're always on the lookout for some quality box-viewing. IMdB's list of highest rated TV shows is our go-to source for new finds.

Music: Game of Thrones is back on (yessss!). While it was off air, I'd listen to The National's version of this song to get my throne-y fix.

Books: Henry absolutely adores all books by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler of 'The Gruffalo' fame. And, from a parent's perspective, they're also really fun to read!

Food: Make your own cheese. Great idea for an at-home date night.

Travel: 10 restaurants in unexpected places.

Blog: I rarely follow london-based blogs (not sure why!), but I love Courtney's take on life in London with kids. And her instagram feed is just gorgeous.

Etsy: I've mentioned this shop before, but I can't get enough of Dear Delilah Handmade's beautiful, vintage-y trinkets.

Brain Food: Achieving work-life balance in 5 steps. Get this: "In the ten years from 1986 to 1996, work-life balance was mentioned in the media 32 times. In 2007 alone, it was mentioned 1674 times." Yikes.

Science & Tech: I love the look, the sound and the specs of this cinema camera. Such beauty.
_________________________________________________________________


Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!